Review; Pine state Biscuits


school has really taken toll on my personal life lately and I haven't been in my kitchen for more than five minutes at any given time. Today was my first day off in two weeks so I decided to have a wellness day and venture out for something heavy, rich and greasy ( ya know, what I always talk about. ) It was about 11:40 am on a Sunday and I knew anywhere I went would be disastrous with all the post party's on a hunger prowl, so I was ready for a challenge and a wait. Pine state its awesomely delicious but I had never had the opportunity to indulge in there staple famous dishes, just the usual biscuits and gravy when I was a poor art student and lived 10 blocks away. TWICE now my boyfriend and I had tried to eat there sense we moved in together and due to there odd hours the line has either circled the block or they were closed all together. Today it was raining and though it was a little crowded inside, we were in luck! We scored a table in the first 8 minutes and our order had been places.


two home-style chocolate milks and two "Egg Reggie's".
The Reggie seemed to be the headlining act with nearly everyone ordering it. A biscuit sandwich stuffed with a buttermilk fried chicken breast, eggs over easy, tillamook cheese slice, two slices of bacon and smothered in home-style gravy. Say whaaaat? It's counterpart "The Reggie" was the same thing, sub the egg.

The place is very cute, though I still think lacking in some seating, and filled with happy warm smiling employees. You buss and seat yourself, which is all fine, if white folk didn't always monopolize everything. Anyways, my morning was starting out cheerful with modest mouse blaring and fried chicken before me. Everyone walked away happy and good conversation was floating around the place.

I only recommend getting there not on brunch rush hours on a weekend, preferably later, like 1:30. They are up and running from 7am to 2pm daily and I have always had good luck on a Wednesday, my work and school schedule just never permits it.

I would definitely give this place 4 stars. The extra star I'm on the fence about because of there seating and with a place with that much foot traffic coming in I feel like they should invest soon in a better location.


PINE STATE BISCUITS; 3640 SE Belmont Street Portland, OR 97214 (503) 236-3346

0 comments:

Post a Comment